Monday, June 2, 2014

Books I read in May


Heartless (Parasol Protectorate Series Book 4) by Gail Carriger
Lovely reread. Biffy and Lord Akeldama always make me sad.


Timeless (Parasol Protectorate Book 5) by Gail Carriger
I noticed an "othering" of the Egyptian people that was disturbing this time around. I wonder if this will work itself out in the upcoming Prudence (The Custard Protocol Book 1), that is to be released next March.


Requiem for Blood by Alexandra Hope
This story was a jumbled up mess. The beginning was so confusing. All I got was there was a colony of home-schooled wanna-be vamps who tried to survive on blood alone. The book was a free kindle, but it is no longer available as a kindle at all. I think I only finished about 12% of the book before giving up on the mess. This is the book that I had to take a break from, twice, and reread all the Gail Carriger books that I own.


Glimpse (The Retroact Saga Book 1) by Stacey Wallace Benefiel
I only finished about 25% of this book. I felt like I was getting hit over the head with the main character's religion every few sentences. Also, after reading a quarter of the book the main story, the whole reason for the book, hadn't even begun.


Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale Book 2) by Chandra Hahn
This is the second in the series. The first, UnEnchanted, I read with my book club. The first had some really racist accents, that was toned down a little bit in this book. This book felt like nothing but a pity party for the main character.

Only 3 1/2 books this month! All I can say is that I've been busy.

Books read so far: 9 1/2 January plus 11 1/4 February plus 8 March plus 8 in April plus 3 1/2 in May equals 40 1/4 books so far this year. Work and school has slowed me down a little bit.

Currently watching:참 좋은 시절 (Wonderful Days). Still watching this, it is supposed to be a 50 episode series.

Currently reading:

Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale Book 1) by Alexia Purdy
I'm only on the first chapter, so I can't really tell you anything about the book yet.

Upcoming books:
The Princess' Dragon Lord by Mandy Rosko
The Story Girl by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris
The Thirteenth Unicorn (The Ben Alderman Series Book 1) by William Dale Newman
Alice Stood Up (A Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose Short Story) by Steve Perlow


If you'd like to request that I review a book please leave a comment. Include a brief description of the book, including which genre it is. Please also note if the book is an ARC and whether you are self-published.


Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!
I made $10 in Amazon.com gift cards for the month of May. I've been busy with school and work, still, it'll probably continue like this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...