Monday, May 5, 2014

5 May wants

It is May already! If we were still living in Carson City, NV (USA), I would hopefully have my garden started.

1.
Every year in either May, June or July, it would either snow, hail or sleet on the garden. The only thing that ever really survived were either yellow onions or green onions. I don't know where we are going to move to after Leeds, but I think I'd really like to have on of these little green houses, then maybe something besides onions would survive (okay, some sesame plants did grow also, until an early frost killed them off.)

2.
These are some times called Japanese eggplants. I like to make 가지나물 (gaji namul) an eggplant side dish similar to this one.

3.
A rainbow of carrots might be fun to have, not sure how delicious they would taste, but I think they would be interesting to stir-fry with some parsnips.

4.
I have no idea why this is labelled Spinchoy, because it is spinach seeds. There is a Korean side dish, called 시금치나물 (Sigeumchi-namul) spinach side dish, that Jasmine really likes. I use a recipe similar to this one.

5.
One of the few things to grow in our failed garden. I probably won't buy any seeds since I can get them from my mother's garden. 깻잎 (Kkaennip)are great fresh, wrapped around rice with 쌈장 (ssamjang a spicy dipping sauce) and a bit of meat.


Currently watching: Wonderful Days 참 좋은 시절 . So far it is a great drama, but only 16 episodes are out, it is supposed to be 50 episodes, so I don't know how it'll end up.

Currently reading:


Cloak by James Gough

I'm only on the first chapter, so I can't really say much about the book, but so far it is good. I got it as a free kindle, but it is currently $5.99

Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!
So far I've made $10 in amazon gift cards with Swagbucks and it is only the 23rd of April. I've been busy with work and school, so not as much time to collect Swagbucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...