Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2PM One Point Hangul episodes 6-10

Sorry it has been so long since the last post for this. If you would like to see the previous episodes please see this post.

2PM is my favorite idol group from Korea. The guys are funny, so it makes watching almost everything they do enjoyable while I try to learn Korean.

This series is actually for Japanese people to learn Korean, but the guys speak Korean mostly during each episode, so it can be really useful if you are trying to learn Korean.

I have copied down the Korean that is to learn, but I did not translate these episodes, that was done by Wild2Day, I just wanted to make it easier to follow the lesson by not having to stop the video every few seconds. I didn't add any romanization because I just didn't know if I should, but I put the Korean in large font for easier reading. I am not an expert, I am learning Korean myself.

Edit: March 2, 2015 I was able to find all the videos for this page, except episode 1. I couldn't even find it without subs, so if you happen to find it please leave a comment with a link to the video, thanks. The translations on the new videos are from rikakotsu @JunkayStreet, my writing is from the original translations I got from Wild2Day, so they may not match rikakotsu's.

Episode 6:



머리 아파요.
My head hurts.

아파요.
My stomach hurts.

가슴 아파요.
My chest hurts.

You can easily replace body parts. Do you see the underlined 가 and 이 in the sentences above? These are subject markers, you can read more about them here. The short version is if the subject ends in a vowel (ㅏ, ㅑ, ㅓ, ㅕ, ㅗ, ㅛ, ㅜ, ㅠ, ㅡ, ㅣ, or one of the many diphthongs, ㅐ, ㅒ,ᅦ, ᅨ, ᅪ, ᅫ, ᅬ, ᅯ, ᅰ, ᅱ, ㅢ) you add 가 to indicate that is the subject. If the word ends in a consonant (ᄀ, ᄁ, ᄂ, ᄃ, ᄄ, ᄅ, ᄆ, ᄇ, ᄈ, ᄉ, ᄊ, ᄋ, ᄌ, ᄍ, ᄎ, ᄏ, ᄐ, ᄑ, ᄒ) you add 이. So, you can make new sentences like:

다리가 아파요.
My leg hurts. (But watch out because 다리 also means bridge.)

어깨가 아파요.
My shoulder hurts.

팔이 아파요.
My arm hurts.

Now you can add other words like:

Foot = 발

Hand = 손

Ear = 귀

Eye = 눈

Knee = 무릎

Other things to learn from this episode:

약 = medicine/drug

괜찮아요? = Are you okay?


Episode 7:


[W2D] 120521 One Point Korean Lesson #7 [Eng... by wild2day

신천 가 주세요.
Please take me to Sincheon.
The 가 in the sentence isn't the same as last episodes, it isn't a subject marker, but from the verb to go 가다

공항 가 주세요.?
Please take me to the airport.

호텔 가 주세요.?
Please take me to the hotel.

여기 가 주세요.?
Please take me here.

You can change it to ask a taxi driver to take you to different places, such as:
압구정 가 주세요.?
Please take me to Apgujeong.

명동 가 주세요.?
Please take me Myeondong.

홍대 가 주세요.?
Please take me Hongdae.

이태원 가 주세요.?
Please take me Itaewon.

You can find other places to visit in Seoul here.

Other words to learn in this episode:

City hall = 시청

taxi = 택시

there = 거기

there (farther away) = 저기

I understand = 알겠습니다


Episode 8:


[W2D] 120528 One Point Korean Lesson #8 [Eng... by wild2day

멋있어요..
Cool.

멋있네요..
This is cool too.

멋있다..
Informal, used with/between friends.

Other words to learn:
jacket = 재킷

hat = 모자

scarf = 목도리 or 스카프

bag = 가방

shoes = 신발

pants/trousers = 바지

shirt = 셔츠

clothes = 옷


Episode 9:


[W2D] 120604 NHK 2PM's One Point Korean Lesson... by wild2day

이가 얼마예요?.
How much is this?

좀 비싸요..
It is a little expensive.

좀 깎아 주세요.
Please lower the price a little bit.

Other words to learn:
customer = 손

won = 원

Koreans use two number systems, native Korean numbers and Chinese Korean numbers (also called Sino-Korean numbers.) You have to know both number systems to be able to count in Korean, because it depends on what you are counting as to which system you use. Telling time actually uses both systems, native Korean numbers for the 12 hour system, using Sino-Korean numbers for the minutes. It gets a bit more confusing if you the 24 hour system, you can read about it more here.

I will only put one through ten here for this lesson.

Arabic Korean Chinese
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10


Episode 10:


[W2D] 120611 2PM's One Point Korean Lesson #10... by wild2day


일본어 팜플렛 있어요지하철역 어디예요??
Where is the subway?

화장실 어디예요?
Where is the toilet?

2PM CD 어디예요??
Where are the 2PM CDs?

Other words from this episode:

Excuse me = 저기요

Right wards = 오른쪽

Left wards = 왼쪽

If you have any questions let me know, I might even be able to answer some of them!


Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...