Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sworn to Rise (Courtlight #1) by Terah Edun

Sworn To Raise (Courtlight Book 1) by Teran Edun
Paperback: 244 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 10, 2013)
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

I recieved this free though Amazon Kindle, along with my friends. It took me a while to get into this book, even with the promise from my friends that the series does get better. I think I had trouble in the beginning because the story starts with very little world building.
Obviously it wasn't so bad that I didn't finish the book, but I don't know if the promise of the series getting better is what made me finish the book.

The very casual tossing out references of rape grated on my nerves, "I don't want to sleep here, but I don't want to be raped." I hate that kind of casual acceptance of rape, and the type of casual mention of rape.

Hopefully the other books are better.


Currently watching:

Lady Jane
Great movie, if not completely historically accurate.

Currently reading:

A Lady Can Never Be Too Curious (Steam Guardian Book 1) by Mary Wine
Just finished the first two chapters, so I haven't quite formed an opinion on the book, yet.

If you'd like to request that I review a book please leave a comment. Include a brief description of the book, including which genre it is. Please also note if the book is an ARC and whether you are self-published.

Swagbucks it is how I make money for Amazon gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...